PAINT & RENDER COATINGS, MORTARS & WEATHERPROOFING
- Caulk and Seal around doors and windows frames before applying render or texture paint coatings.
- Wall Wrap must be installed in accordance with Australian and New Zealand standards.
- Wall Flashings Installed in accordance with Australian and New Zealand standards.
- Sealants joints to be sealed with an external paintable sealant.
- All products used on the AAC Block & Panel should be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications.
MIXING THIN BED MORTAR
Ground & Job preparation
Clean ground of all loose materials and dust. Spray water to lightly dampen, sponge the floor/concrete slab before spreading your mortar and laying your AAC Block. Wipe the dust or lightly mist spray the surface of the AAC Block with a hose.
Mixing Thin bed mortar
For larger jobs mix in a cement mixer.
For smaller jobs mix in 20 litre water bucket and mix with electric drill with paddle.
(Recommended Dunlop 20kg Dry Mix AAC Block Adhesive)
Note: Water should be calculated at the rate shown on the mortar bag packaging.
- Add water.
- Slowly add your dry mix mortar into a bucket of water and mix thoroughly.