Laying your AAC Blocks
- Use your spirit level and string line to align with the boundary wall.
- Spread your mortar across the base of your wall a thickness 1-2cm to create a flat surface, its width being greater than the block width on each side by 5cm.
- Place the first block at the corner position that coincides with the aligned boundary.
- Then, place the next block.
- Use a rubber hammer to correct the position of the block.
- Use a sprit-level to check the vertical and horizontal position of the block.
- The appropriate thickness of mortar is from 2mm – 4mm.
- When the temperature is high, spray a little water on the blocks surface to
humidify to get better adhesion.
- Don’t use mortar after 2 hours of mixing.
- Don’t use the mortar dropped out from corners from laying the blocks.